Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Guillotine Choke - Defense/Prevent a Broken Neck

There has been some buzz in the Jiu-Jitsu and MMA circuits recently about Guillotine Choke Safety. Not too long ago an MMA fighter broke his neck from a guillotine choke while going for a takedown. In this particular case the fighter decided to continue with the takedown instead defending the guillotine. I don't know any other specifics about this particular case but it was enough for me to start thinking about my safety when I get caught in the guillotine from standing.

Bellow are a couple of videos that provide some good info on what to do when you get caught in the guillotine from standing. 


Safety/Technique on MMA style takedowns while in the guillotine choke.


 

This is the defense I learned when I first started Jiu-Jitsu. I had since forgotten about it until I revisited this subject and came across this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment