Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Living up to Blue Belt


Since my last post I went from being a 3 stripe white belt to a blue belt in a rather short period of time. The transition from day one to day blue was about 15 months - much quicker than I had anticipated (I was expecting closer to the two year mark). The feeling of having to hurry up and learn more in order to actually feel like a blue belt set in very quickly and still remains.

The Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt that promoted me must have seen something he liked - however, I don't feel like I have the mental aspect down nor do I have the physical muscle memory required to represent this level in Jiu-Jitsu. The more I think about this the more I realize that being promoted a little ahead of the curve can be a good thing. If you are serious about Jiu Jitsu and feel like you aren't at the level in which you represent then it makes you work that much harder to get there - playing catch up. This is exactly what I am going through and still feel like I have a long way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment