Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Jiu Jitsu Grappling Dummy


There is a NAGA (North American Grappling Association) tournament coming up that I really want to attend. I don't feel as if I'm ready as my conditioning and mental strength isn't where I want it to be. So tonight, with only 1hr to train, I had to decide what would be the most effective use of my time.

I decided to work with the Submission Master Grappling Dummy. Out came the Jiu-Jitsu notes from class and we went to work. Most of my concentration was on what to do once I achieved side control since my mind tends to go blank when I get to this point during live rolling. Once I did one move I tried to transition into what I thought would be the next logical move from that position. Rolling with the jiu jitsu grappling dummy didn't really work my conditioning but I figured that working technique and knowing what to do in different situations was more important. Hopefully I'll get some good roll time in this week to help improve my conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment