Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Grappling Dummy - Spider Guard Sweep

In today's Jiu-Jitsu session I had the opportunity to roll with new people at a different school. It was the perfect opportunity to try a new sweep from spider guard I saw earlier today.

I had to slowly fish my legs into position to execute the sweep but it worked twice on an opponent who was about 60lbs heavier than me (and a white belt). When I tried it against a purple belt it didn't work so well because I didn't get my legs set up quick enough before he started to defend. This move will be easy to practice on the martial arts dummy, so with a little practice I think I'll be able to use it against the higher belts. The Submission Master Grappling Dummy only weighs about 80lbs. Although 80lbs isn't much - it is dead weight, so practicing this particular spider guard sweep with the Jiu-Jitsu dummy will be good training.

No comments:

Post a Comment