Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Triangle Basics - Triangle to Armbar





Yesterday's post about the triangle entry from one of the Roy Dean Academy students lead me to looking at more videos from their academy. This video covers the basic points you'll need to keep in mind in order to execute the triangle choke. Towards the end of the video the instructor touches base on the relationship between the triangle choke and the armbar from guard.

I've recently started exploring more on the relationship between the triangle choke and the ambar from guard and how to transition from one to the other fluidly. Now when I roll/spar I keep in my head that if I am going for a triangle there is also an armbar there and vise versa. So basically I think, "he's defending the triangle - go for the armbar, he's defending the armbar - go for the triangle".

No comments:

Post a Comment