Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Grappling Dummy - Armbars

Today was my first official day of training with the Submission Master Grappling Dummy. I didn't drill repetitive reps of the same technique over & over. Instead, I went over armbar techniques from my jiu jitsu training notes. I reviewed each technique and practiced it about 3-4 times on each side.

This was a great refresher for me. Not only did I perform the armbar techniques but I also tried to imagine what the next position would be for my opponent as he tries to defend the armbar. Then, I would go into the next move from there - usually some type of a triangle (chances are he will try to roll into you as he hangs on to the gable grip).

Tip: Armbars are great to start out with until the grappling dummy gets broken in as the legs are a bit stiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment