Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

iGrapple - Side Control Escapes


At class tonight we did a couple of drills and then went straight into rolling. It seems each time I roll I have a different problem that stays consistent throughout the sessions. My problem this time was escaping from side control.

This is the perfect opportunity for me to try out the iGrapple to see what I can do to to fix this problem. I logged in, went to side control, opp has side control, under chest to chest position, arm on low side of opp's head,...... there are 11 different videos showing what to do from this point. I didn't realize there were so many different options from this particular micro-position (there are other positions in side control to escape from but I will have visit those another time). This opened my eyes a lot, I will definitely practice these escapes with the grappling dummy this weekend.

Tip: To scroll the tree of positions in or out to make smaller (to see all branches) or larger, hold down the "ctrl" key and roll your mouse wheel forward or backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment