Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

iGrapple - Triangle Choke Escape


In yesterday's post I discussed how I got caught up in the triangle hold at the tournament and couldn't escape. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to find much on iGrapple about this - but it proved my wrong! There are five techniques specific to the exact setup I was in (arm across my neck while in his guard) and one of them is the exact same technique I was trying to do (gable grip, post and turn, step towards his head). It turns out I had the right concept but I was turning in the wrong direction. It literally took me a matter of 2 minutes to learn what I did wrong from iGrapple. If I had only known this yesterday the outcome could have been much different for that particular match! Now I know and hopefully I won't make that same mistake again.


No comments:

Post a Comment