Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Grappling Dummy - Quick Workout


Today....home at 6:30, need to work on strength, cardio, & technique with the grappling dummy all within 45 minutes.

Threw in P90X ab ripper X, did some burpies (pushup then jump squat back up), did a few pull ups and then I got out the Submission Master Grappling Dummy. My gi didn't fit him very well so I threw on a pair of fishing pants & a fox racing jersey - works fairly well.

The jujitsu dummy and I had a good little 10 minute roll session. I decided to roll instead of doing repetitive techniques over and over because I need work on transitioning one submission position to another position that is difficult to get into. So I tried to work on going from a bottom position to a top position, from one side to another, ... and so on. I didn't reposition the jiu-jitsu dummy, I just went into what ever move I could from the position we were in. Surprisingly enough the dummy moved around quite a bit and as long as you keep changing positions you can get a pretty good workout. I was even able to simulate an armbar from a sideways back position (hooks not in - not a true back mount) with the grappling dummy rolling over his head (I used my legs to make the dummy roll over his head) simulating an attempted escape while rolling with it and hanging onto the arm for the submission.

Not the most intense workout today but at least I was able to get some training in. Looking forward to tomorrow's no gi jiu-jitsu class!!


No comments:

Post a Comment